Saturday 7 July 2012

Rapunzel Cake


An old friend of mine whom I know long way from my hometown contacted me to create a cake for her daughter's birthday. The theme is Rapunzel Disney's Tangled version animation movie I hold close to my heart because this is one of my daughter's all time favorite movie.

I accepted the challenge and was thinking of Rapunzel's tower with her hair dangling outside the tower all the way to the ground. I did my research on the internet and found a lot of awesome Rapunzel inspired cake with tower. However after thorough research I found that to make the tower as the main focus it will require proper construction on the cake. I mentioned it to my friend and she said not to worry about the tower and just do something simple.


So I decided to do a Rapunzel figurine with her long blonde hair going around the cake. Thinking that it would be too simple I played with the idea about the tower again but I have to stick to the budget and make it as simple as I can. So I decided to construct the tower with cardboard rather than something edible like Rice Krispie Treat and I covered it with fondant. The tower turned out quite good and I'm really satisfied with the result.

The birthday girl is a really girly girl from a really young age, so I decided to cover the cake with pink fondant and mainly using pink and purple in line with Disney's Tangled theme.

I really satisfied with how the figurine turned out, this is like my 6th human figurine and I think this is the best one so far. I think I starting to get how to make human figurine, the fact that I make rapunzel sitting down might contribute to the success.

View from the top

Close up view of the figurine

View from the back

View from the side

The birthday girl turned out absolutely love the cake and I feel honor to be part of her celebration. I had a blast making this cake and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks for checking on my blog, I will update you with my new project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment