Friday 27 December 2013

Cars Cake for Marco


This is my beloved nephew first birthday cake. My brother is a huge fan of F1 racing and I think he's trying to get little Marco into racing too.

They choosed Cars 2 from Disney's animation as the birthday theme. It put me to a new challenge as I never done Cars before and it's proven to be quite a challenge as I miserably failed.



I tried to do the figurines with fondant and half way I decided that it was too hard for me (sigh). So I admit defeat and flew to K-Mart 6 in the morning to get the actual toys for the cake. This is probably the first time I failed doing a figurine and with time pressing I decided to do the shortcut (very disappointed with myself).


Recovering from the defeat I managed to do some cupcake toppers with cars-inspired topper. I think it turned out quite decent.




At the end at least the cake looks great and my SIL didn't really mind with the real toys. Little Marco get to play with it at the end.

The cake and cupcakes
My borther and SIL prepared a beautiful dessert table for little Marco and I think they've done a great job.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I will update you with my next project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment