Sunday 25 January 2015

Baptism Cake for Sweet Madeline





When an old friend contacted you to make her a baptism cake for her daughter you obliged. Little sweet Madeline is the daughter of one of my oldest friend from high school, and it made you realize how we're getting older when you and your friends start having children and all that comes with it: baby shower, baptism, first birthday party etc.


The design is pretty simple, she asked me to copy a picture of a cake with small flowers forming a cross, I put my own twist by making the cross standing up and add some roses. The bow at the back basically to fill in the space but I think it add some nice touches.


I think this is my first ombre strips cake, so excited to finally do ombre cake. Got to tell you making those strips are pretty time consuming but love the result at the end.

Here's a view form top angle of the cake. Thanks Madeline's mum for trusting me to cater for sweet Maddie baptism.



0 comments:

Post a Comment